First up, the liebster award.
"Liebster" is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. What a gift to be awarded with such kindness! As for the details...The Liebster is a way to show a little Blog Love to bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers
I guess in a way I could qualify for his one. Krystin nominated me for this one all the way back on December 16th 2011. I never meant to take so long to show my appreciation and I hang my head in shame but I am still smiling because you thought to nominate me. The rules of this award state that I am to chose five more blogs to nominate. I just can't do that. My advice is, pick any random blog on my blogroll and give it a look over. Every blog there exhibits all the qualities deserving of this award.
Now the next award is Versatile blogger award and this is the one that I don't see how I can live up too. How versatile can I be if I am now acknowledging this more than a month later. Once again, I truly am grateful for this award and a huge thank you goes out to Lena. I am glad she discovered me because through that I discovered her. Actually, I recommend her for the Liebster award if I only made one choice. So go check out her blog(click her name for a direct link).
Now the rules for this one states that I tell you 7 things about myself. I'll try to make them random, fun and interesting. To be honest, I've been working on this list for a long time, believe me on that. 7 things have never taken this long to come up with.
- I can't swim. Yes I live on an island, completely surrounded by water, and I can't swim. I want to learn but I don't even know where to start. I will need to get private lessons cause it's almost embarrassing going to swimming lessons and being surrounded by toddlers who can swim better than me. I'm not a big fan of water though. The best part about going to the beach for me is the sun, sand and breeze. I'm totally happy taking a dip where I can still stand and then going back to shore and relaxing.
- I once tried to get a pet rock. Don't laugh yet because that isn't even the funniest part. It was, get this, a "virtual" pet rock. Yes, I was probably about 11 at the time and it is probably the dumbest thing anyone at any age could do but luckily, I failed as I couldn't get it to work lol. I would have had more success with an actual rock.
- I am an obsessive hand washer. By that, I mean I wash my hands a lot, probably more than the average person and sometimes for the simplest things. My mom thinks I am possessed but it's also a habit she likes. I really can't stand having my hands dirty, especially if it comes to grease or oil, I can deal with it, but as soon as I can wash them, I'll be at a pipe before you can blink. Coincidentally, I have a job where my hands get dirtied a lot. I can guarantee you I use the most gloves and I still wash my hands more than everyone else. I can't wait for a career change.
- I can't cook. Nada, zilch, squat. Nothing. I mean, I could fry a burger or some chicken nuggets. I could fry some chips or toss something in the toaster oven; but we all know that isn't real cooking. They are many reasons for this but none are justified enough to allow me not to know how to cook. Luckily, I've wooed my dream girl already, but my ultimate plan is to learn to cook one fancy meal and cook it on special occasions. After that, me and the stove could not see each other till the end of time. I really can't stand that direct heat it gives off.
- I eat an insane amount of bread and cheese. This is probably one side effect of not knowing how to cook but it's one I can live with. Seriously though, out of 365 days in a year, I probably go 65 of those or less without bread and cheese. If you split them apart and count the days I eat only one or the other, you can probably decrease those 65 days down to 30. I can't say I am proud to be gloating about the amount of bread and cheese I eat, but I am not ashamed either.
- I'm a guy. I'm a dude. I'm a male. I'm a boy. I'm a man. Trust me on this one. I'm not sure if I've ever given any doubt or I was wrong to assume it was obvious but just to make it clear. I am a Man. The reason I say this is because I was going through The Ultimate list of Women Money Bloggers, and going to myself, yes, I know this blog and this woman definitely deserves to be on the list. I then got close to the bottom and lo and behold, I saw my blog listed there. Oh the embarrassment I felt and hoped that no one else picked up on this. Sadly because this 7 things list was so hard to make, I thought it would be funny to share it and give you another laugh besides me failing at getting a virtual pet rock.
- Last and probably the best mention on this list is this one. I did an interview for one of my favourite bloggers and she posted it last Thursday. I know, once again I am acknowledging something late but blogging time is so hard to organize. I actually struggle with how to manage it a lot. Anyways, if you ever wanted to know more about me, the interview is the best place to start. CLICK HERE! to go see it. I actually got excited about this interview and I think it went awesome. I think you will like it.
SUPER BIG THANKS to Erika of From Shopping To Saving for the interview.